AdBlock - block ads on iPhone app for iPhone and iPad
5328 ratings )
Current version: 4.1
, last update: 1 week ago
First release : 15 Mar 2014
App size: 18.04 Mb
The original AdBlock for iOS 8 and iOS 9 (32-bit and 64-bit). Blocking ads on iPhones and iPads since 2012.
AdBlock allows you to block ads on your iOS device. It works with every app, not just Safari. Get rid of 99% of annoying popups, banners and video ads in all of your apps, including games and entertainment apps. Protect your privacy, limit bandwidth use, speed up your device and improve up your overall iOS experience.
The most important advantages of AdBlock for iOS are:
• AdBlock works with Wi-Fi and cellular networks. You dont need to set it up separately for every network you use.
• AdBlock works on any iOS 8 and iOS 9 device, even if its not 64-bit. Take advantage of ad blocking even on older iPhone and iPad.
• AdBlock works seamlessly with other iOS apps displaying ads served over the Internet. Forget about ads in games, utilities and on websites.
• AdBlock allows you to create your own list of blocked domains and synchronise your filters between all your devices using iCloud.
• AdBlock allows you to protect your privacy by blocking mobile trackers. Prevent Internet trackers from recording of your web and in-app activity.
• AdBlock does not send your Internet traffic through proxy or VPN server. All of your connections stay direct, fast and secure.
• Setting up AdBlock for iOS is very simple! Just download the app, enable the "magic switch" and tap the "Install" button. It takes less than 20 seconds to complete.
• AdBlock automatically updates to the latest version of the filters on every app run. We keep the ad servers database up-to-date.
• AdBlock works with Safari and 99% of other apps (including other browsers like Chrome). Benefit from ad blocking in your favourite Internet browser on iOS.
• AdBlock is not compatible with VPN connections. You cant use AdBlock simultaneously with VPN.
• Blocking ads may not work on networks where DNS traffic is intercepted by the ISP
Pros and cons of AdBlock - block ads on iPhone app for iPhone and iPad
AdBlock - block ads on iPhone app good for
I am so glad I finally found an app that not only blocks ads on safari, but also on other apps too! This app is definitely worth the purchase, and I would really recommend it. :)
I love this app because it reduces ad clutter within other apps and in my web browser. Very easy to use, and functions plain and simple. Definitely worth the purchase.
Theres always a but lol. Even when I disable adblock via the widget or app it seems to still be enabled partially. Not a big deal but best known than unknown.
Once again! The Best!
The recent update corrected all the problems. If you are this apps developer, PLEASE DO NOT UPDATE THIS APP and remove the device wide ad blocking.
Im cool if you want to build another. But do not take this one away from us. It is by far THE BEST.
If this app is updated and removes device wide ad blocking per Apples policy they are now enforcing, I will have to move to running a Pi Hole OpenVPN server on a Raspberry Pi for all my device DNS quarries to filter the ad servers.
This app is thee only way to system wide Adblock !
Normally this feature is locked to jailbreaking!
This app is the better of the two they have and the recent update made this app perfect Ive yet to have issues!
Get it before its gone!
Do not update if a update comes for this app!
As I said in my old review dont update!!! I said this because updates for apps like this will break the app as of writing mine is not updated on ether of my devices and all works fine I also suggest backing up the old IPA ! Which u can install through iTunes oddly Ive done this with old versions of other apps though you can also downgrade apps its annoying but possible look it up!
Use Charles or Fiddler apps to download older versions of iOS apps from the App Store."
Reduces click-bait faux articles/advertisements that consume cell data bandwidth while loading the ads and reduces my visual bandwidth required to see info I wanted in the first place. Some web sites seem to be mostly placeholders for click-bait ads.
I keep the app in the background to easily turn blocking off, because some websites, that I trust, dont load with blocking turned on.
Some bad moments
I loved this app. But a couple of weeks ago (or so), all of the sudden, it seemed like it stoped working.
I am getting ads all over the place. This is happening in multiple webpages and apps I used that previously were getting ads blocked. Example: It used to stop ads in the kijiji app but does not anymore.
As others have stated, versions 3.0 and 3.0.1 are pretty much useless. The VPN keeps turning off itself, effectively disabling ad blocking. Version 2.x was working perfectly.
I have to constantly disable and enable the service to get any sort of adblocking functionality. It was brilliant before 3.01.
Be aware that the promise of blocking in-app ads doesnt include the Facebook ads. Doesnt seem better that the free alternative ad blockers.
Its not blocking anything anymore, apple must have cracked down.
It was ok until this new update
saying apple policy change
No more blocking ads.
So i deleted
ad-blocker for safari,
adblock for apps,
safari ad block,
vpn ad blocker,
chrome ad blocker,
adblock for mobile,
safari ad blocker,
adblock pro safari,
ad blocker pro,
and other. So, download free AdBlock - block ads on iPhone .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually AdBlock - block ads on iPhone iOS app used & searched for